We are seeking some motivated, outgoing, knowledgeable part-time beer servers for our tasting room – this will allow us to focus even more on making and promoting our beer! Don’t worry, you’ll still see the owners around behind the bar.
If you’re interested in applying, please fill out the job application below and send it (with a resume if you’d like) to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the brewery by 9 pm Monday, July 25, 2016.
Beertender Job Responsibilities:
Providing patrons with information about beer and brewing to aid in decision making and atmosphere; keep dishware and merchandise stocked; correctly keep open tickets for patrons and charge them when done.
Beertender Job Duties:
- Prepares room for opening by setting tables and chairs, cleaning tables, bar, and floor.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps patrons select beverages by presenting menu; suggesting varieties that align with patrons preferences, and answering questions about brewing and beer selection.
- Updates beer list board and tap markers.
- Pours beverages correctly and fills growlers.
- Responds to additional patron requirements by friendly inquiry.
- Maintains bar setting by removing glassware as completed; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Frequent bending/stooping to load dishware into warewashing machine.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be able to constantly stand during shift and lift/carry up to 50 pounds.